Blogger We Love: Ashton Swank of Something Swanky.
Calling all sugar lovers! Something Swanky is the place for you. Ashton Swank’s dessert-filled blog is full of decadent cookies and cupcakes along with every other sweet treat you could ever dream of.
1) Favorite ingredient: It’s a two-way tie between Nutella and Cool Whip. I’ve always got at least three tubs of each on hand.
2) Must-have kitchen accessory: Another two-way tie… whisks and rubber spatulas! I never have enough.
3) Biggest Cooking Inspiration: I’d like to say it’s someone fancy and famous, who has some uncanny and inhuman cooking ability! But the truth is, I’m most inspired by the other bloggers I associate with on a daily basis. For dessert, I usually turn to Shelly from Cookies and Cups for inspiration. For dinner foods, I like to go to Nikki from Chef-in-Training.
4) Dish you’re most proud of: Nutella Monster Cookies.
5) Salty or sweet: Both. Together. Absolutely.
6) Favorite person to cook for: My brothers. My husband has been completely desensitized to all of my desserts. But my brothers? I don’t get to bake for them as often, so they always act like it’s this amazing and special treat-which is super gratifying.
7) Recipe You’d Recommend: My very favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe that I’ve been using for years in all of my cookie concoctions is from the BHG Biggest Book of Cookies. It’s amazing-they turn out perfectly every time.
8) Your go-to dinner dish: Belgian Waffles. Inexpensive, easy, and it’s basically dessert for dinner.