Blogger We Love: Northern Cottage.
Searching for delicious comfort food? Look no further than Northern Cottage. With tasty recipes like Best Roast Beef and BBQ Pork Sandwiches, you’ll find savory recipes you’ll love.
1) Favorite ingredient: Butter -oh lovely butter.In moderation, it really does makeeverything better, doesn’t it?
2) Must-have kitchen accessory: A good (and pretty) set of mixing bowls. We use them everyday and making everything from Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge and Crepes to whipping up yummy desserts like Tropical Slush Cake.
3) Biggest Cooking Inspiration: Both of my parents. My dad was the official soup and stew guy and my mom made well, pretty much everything else. I have so many memories of great family dinners! When I use those recipes for my own family today it makes them extra special.
4) Dish you’re most proud of: I’m usually a throw stuff together kinda cook (shh, don’t tell anyone, I don’t usually measure exactly). We all know with baking that it’s more important to do so. So I’m thrilled that my Chocolate Chip Scones turned out so great. They are light and fluffy and have just the right amount of outside crispness to hold it all together.
5) Salty or sweet: Oh, this is a hard one. I adore sweets and love that little hint of salt with so many great recipes to give it that extra bling. One of our favorites is this go-to fast and easy S’mores Croissants recipe.
6) Favorite person to cook for: I love to cook for people who love to eat but especially my little family. When I see them satisfied and hear them lick and their lips and say ‘mmm-yum!’ - that makes my day! One of our family favorites is Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms.
7) Recipe You’d Recommend: So many fabulous recipes but I’d have to say Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie is definitely a great weeknight dinner.
8) Your go-to dinner dish: This sentimental Best Roast Beef recipe is pure comfort food and oh so easy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!